Kashmir stands as one of the most exquisite locations on our planet. Its allure is heightened by the charming Shikara rides, an absolute must-try when you're in Srinagar.
This blog post serves as your guide to uncovering all the essential information about the boat rides in the beautiful Kashmir region. We will delve into the whole experience, expenses, and the ideal season to set sail. So, before plan embark on a Shikara adventure, ensure you're well-informed. And if you're an Indian traveler, do consider exploring our enticing Kashmir tour packages as well!
If you are visiting Srinagar, then a Shikara ride in Srinagar is a must. It is one of the most popular tourist activities in the city and for good reason. A Shikara ride in Dal Lake is a great way to experience the beauty of Dal Lake and get a glimpse into the life of the locals. A Boat ride in Srinagar is an unforgettable experience and should not be missed when visiting Srinagar.
The Best time For Shikara ride in Srinagar is in the morning when the sun is just starting to rise. The ride will take you through the heart of the city, past all of the most popular tourist attractions. You'll get a chance to see the hustle and bustle of daily life in Srinagar, as well as some of the more rural areas surrounding the city. The ride will last for about an hour, and it's a great way to start your day in Srinagar.
Some of the popular points for Shikara rides in Dal Lake are Hazratbal Mosque, Nehru Park, Char Chinar Island, and Floating Gardens.
Here are some tips for getting the most out of your Shikara ride in Dal Lake:
1. Choose the right time of day: The best time to go for a Boat ride is early in the morning or late in the evening when the weather is cooler and the water is calm. Avoid midday when it can be quite hot and the water can be choppy.
2. Dress appropriately: Wear loose, comfortable clothing that you don't mind getting wet. It's also a good idea to bring a scarf or sarong to cover your head and shoulders from the sun.
3. Bring snacks: There are often vendors selling refreshments on the lake, but it's always good to have your own in case you get hungry or thirsty during your ride.
4. Haggle for a good price: Boat rides are typically very cheap, but it doesn't hurt to try and negotiate a lower price, especially if you're taking multiple rides.
5. Sit back and relax: Once you're on board, just sit back and take in the scenery as you float around the lake.
This is definitely one of the best ways to experience Srinagar!
Dal Lake Shikara Ride Cost Per Person
Dal Lake Shikara Ride Cost Per Person around Rs. 700-800 for an hour. The price may differ depending on the season and the area you are in.
Is Shikara worth riding?
If you are in Srinagar, then a Boat ride is a must. It's the best way to see Dal lake and get a feel for the city. The ride is peaceful and relaxing, and the views are simply stunning. So, if you are visiting Srinagar, don't forget to include a Shikara or Boat ride in your itinerary!
How many people can sit in a shikara?
A typical shikara can comfortably seat up to 4 people, although it is possible to fit more if necessary. We recommend that no more than 6 people travel in one boat since the boat has limited space and could become unstable with too many passengers.
How long is Shikara ride?
The length of a Shikara ride varies depending on the route you take and the time spent exploring some of the sights along the way. Generally, a full-day Shikara ride will last around 2 to 4 hours, while a half-day ride may last two to three hours. We recommend taking your time during the journey, as there is much to explore and marvel at along the banks of Dal Lake.