Nestled amidst the snow-capped peaks of the Zanskar Mountains in Himachal Pradesh, Pin Valley National Park is a paradise for nature lovers and outdoor adventurers. In this article, we'll show you all the amazing things to do here along with when is the best time to visit this stunning park. So read on as we take you on a journey to explore Pin Valley National Park!
Located in the Trans-Himalayan region of Himachal Pradesh, Pin Valley National Park is one of the lesser known national parks in India. The park is home to some of the rarest animals in the world including the Snow Leopard, Asiatic Ibex and Red Fox.
The park was established in 1987 and covers an area of 7,508 sq km. It is located at an altitude of 3,000-6,000 m above sea level. The landscape of the park is very different from other national parks in India as it is mostly barren with little vegetation.
The best way to reach Pin Valley National Park is by road. The park is located in the Himalayan region of Himachal Pradesh, about 200 km from Shimla. The nearest airport is at Bhuntar, about 100 km away.
The park can be accessed via two routes - one from Shimla and the other from Manali. The route from Shimla (NH-22) is longer but it is a well-maintained road and offers stunning views of the Himalayas. The route from Manali (NH-21) is shorter but it is a narrow, winding road with some steep sections.
Both routes require a permit to enter the park, which can be obtained from the office of the Divisional Forest Officer in Kaza (Lahaul & Spiti district).
The best time to visit Pin Valley National Park is in the summer, when the weather is warm and the days are long. This is also the busiest time of year, so be sure to book your accommodation and activities in advance. If you're looking for a quieter experience, plan your trip for shoulder season (May or September) or winter (December to February). While you won't be able to enjoy all the park has to offer during these times of year, you'll still be able to appreciate its beauty and solitude.
Here are some of the best things to do in Pin Valley National Park:
1. Hiking: With over 200 miles of trails, there's something for everyone. Whether you want an easy stroll or a challenging hike, you'll find it here.
2. Camping: There are several campgrounds throughout the park, so you can easily find a spot to set up your tent or RV.
3. Wildlife watching: The park is home to a variety of wildlife, including bighorn sheep, elk, deer, and coyotes. Be sure to bring your binoculars!
4. Photography: With its beautiful scenery and abundant wildlife, Pin Valley National Park is a photographer's paradise.
5. Fishing: The park's lakes and streams offer excellent fishing opportunities for both novice anglers and experienced fisherman alike.