Historical Places In North East - If you’re looking for a unique part of India to explore and experience, look no further than the North East! This region is rich in culture, history and stunning natural beauty. In this article, we’ll take a look at five must-see Historical Places in North East India that are sure to leave an impression on you. So, let’s get started!
Northeast India is a culturally rich and diverse region of the country, with a history that dates back centuries. From ancient temples to British colonial architecture, there are a variety of historical places to see in Northeast India. Here are some of the must-see historical places in Northeast India:
1. The Kaziranga National Park: Located in Assam, Kaziranga National Park is home to two-thirds of the world's one-horned rhinoceros population. The park is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is known for its efforts to conserve this endangered species.
2. The Majuli Island: Majuli Island is located in the river Brahmaputra and is the largest river island in the world. It is also home to a number of indigenous tribes, who have their own unique culture and traditions.
3. The Nameri National Park: Nameri National Park is located in Assam and is home to a variety of rare and endangered animals, including the one-horned rhinoceros, tigers, leopards, and elephants.
4. The Bomdila Monastery: Bomdila Monastery is one of the largest monasteries in India and is located in Arunachal Pradesh. It was built in the 8th century and is still an active center of Buddhist learning and worship.
5. The Tawang Monastery: Tawang Monastery is located in Arunachal Pradesh and is the largest monastery in India. It was founded in the 17th century by the 6th Dalai Lama and is a major pilgrimage site for Buddhists.
These five places are just some of the amazing historical sites to visit in Northeast India. While each one has its own unique history and culture, all of them are worth a visit for anyone looking to explore this beautiful region of the country.