Nestled amongst the lush green hills of Uttarakhand lies the idyllic village of Chopta. From trekking to camping, there is no shortage of activities for visitors to enjoy in this picturesque setting. In this article, we'll take a look at some of the things you can do in Chopta and when would be the best time to visit! So get ready to explore one of India's most beautiful places!
Chopta is a small town located in the Uttarakhand region of India. It is situated at an altitude of 2680 meters above sea level and is surrounded by mountains. The town is best known for its trekking trails and natural beauty. Chopta is also home to the Tungnath Temple, which is one of the highest temples in the world.
Here are some of the top things to do in Chopta:
Explore the Tungnath Temple: The Tungnath Temple is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Chopta. It is believed to be more than 1000 years old and is situated at an altitude of 3680 metres. The temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and has five main shrines.
Take a hike to Chandrashila Peak: Chandrashila Peak offers stunning views of the Himalayan mountains and is a popular spot for trekkers. The hike to the peak takes around 3-4 hours, depending on your fitness level.
Visit Deoria Tal: Deoria Tal is a beautiful lake located at an altitude of 2438 metres. It is surrounded by dense forest and offers spectacular views of snow-capped mountains.
Go rafting in Kunjapuri River: Kunjapuri River rafting is one of the most popular adventure activities in Chopta. The river has rapids of varying levels, making it perfect for both beginners and experienced rafters alike.
So, these are some of the best things to do in Chopta. With its stunning scenery and multitude of outdoor activities, this is truly a paradise for nature lovers.
The best time to visit Chopta is between the months of March and October. During this time, the weather is pleasant and ideal for trekking and other outdoor activities.
If you are planning a trip to Chopta, Uttarakhand then you must also visit some of the popular places nearby. Here is a list of some of the best places to visit near Chopta:
1. Nandi Devi National Park: Located at an altitude of 2,438 m, Nandi Devi National Park is one of the most popular tourist destinations near Chopta. The park is home to several rare and endangered species of animals and plants.
2. Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary: Spread over an area of 940 sq km, Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary is another popular place to visit near Chopta. The sanctuary is home to several rare and endangered species of animals such as the snow leopard, musk deer and red fox.
3. Badrinath Temple: Badrinath Temple is one of the most important Hindu pilgrimage sites in India. The temple is located at an altitude of 3,133 m and is dedicated to Lord Vishnu.
4. Hemkund Sahib: Hemkund Sahib is a Gurudwara located at an altitude of 4,329 m in the Himalayan mountains. The Gurudwara is sacred for Sikhs and attracts pilgrims from all over the world.
5. Valley of Flowers National Park: Valley of Flowers National Park is spread over an area of 87.50 sq km and is located at an altitude of 3,658 m above sea level. The park
Chopta, Uttarakhand is an amazing destination with plenty of activities to do and sights to see. Whether it's trekking through the snow-capped mountains or taking in the breathtaking views from atop a mountain peak, Chopta has something for everyone. The best time to visit Chopta depends on what kind of experience you are looking for – if you want to witness nature at its fullest then the winter months are ideal; however if you prefer a more relaxed atmosphere then spring and autumn would be better suited for your purposes. Whatever season you decide to visit, one thing is certain – you will have an unforgettable holiday in beautiful Chopta!